Step-by-step Instant Solution
5) The bacteriophage T4 has a linear chromosome and a circular genetic map. How is this possible?
1. it?s not
2. the chromosome is terminally redundant
3. the chromosome is circularly permuted
4. the chromocome turns into a prophage, thereby becoming circular
a) both 2 and 3 are correct
b) 2 c) 1 d) 3 e) 4
9) How is transformation mediated in Bacillus subtilis?
a) by the stage of the growth cycle
b) by the calcium concentration of the media
c) by a prophage
d) when the bacteria stop dividing, transformation is highest.
e) by the age of the culture
12) Which of the following matings would most likely produce an F+ cell after conjugation?
a) F- donor and F+ recipient
b) Hfr donow and F- recipient
c) F+ donor and Hfr recipient
d) F+ donor and F- recipient
e) Hfr donor and F+ recipient
Paper#9257330 | Written in 27-Jul-2016Price : $16