Step-by-step Instant Solution
HIIIII These are the management questions i have to do for my exammm pls help me. i desperately need answers asap :(
BUSM4176: PART 1 SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS: SET OF 20
Six exam questions will be drawn from the following list.
INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS:
Answer FOUR (4) of the six questions.
Each question in Part 1 is worth 5 marks.
It is recommended that students spend approximately 15 minutes on each question
in Part 1.
Write succinctly and clearly ? normally a good response could be written in about 100
to 120 words.
TOPIC 1: ORIGINS OF MANAGEMENT PRACTICES Lecture + Robbins Ch. 1
1. Explain what is meant by ?management?. In your answer discuss how the definitions
or ?management? have changed over time.
TOPIC 2: MANAGING ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR Lecture + Robbins Ch. 8
1. Describe the three ?attitude orientations? of organisational behaviour and give an
example for each. In your answer discuss why it is helpful for managers to be aware
of these orientations.
2. Describe the two approaches of perception and the categories in each approach.
Discuss why it is important for individuals to be aware of these approaches and the
barriers to accurate perception that can occur.
TOPIC 3: GROUPS AND TEAMS Lecture + Robbins Ch. 9
1. Compare how early scientific management theorists and behavioural science
theorists might react to the increased use of teams in contemporary organisations.
2. Discuss ways in which norms and conformity can affect group behaviour. In your
answer draw on the influence of Schwarz?s ?values model? on norms and conformity.
TOPIC 4: MANAGERIAL COMMUNICATION Lecture + Robbins Ch. 12
1. Explain why it is important to understand the different communication styles when
communicating with people. In your answer discuss the barriers to communication
that managers need to be aware of when communicating with culturally diverse
2. You are a manager who is trying to get support from your colleagues for a new idea.
Describe the three principles of communication as well as three influencing tactics
you might use.
Page 1 of 3
TOPIC 5: MANAGING CSR AND ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR Lecture + Robbins Ch. 2
1. Taking a systems view of organisations, discuss the influence of systems, culture
and values on corporate social responsibility (CSR).
2. Secchi developed three theories of corporate social responsibility (CSR). Describe
the differences between the three theories and give an example for each.
TOPIC 6: MANAGERIAL LEADERSHIP Lecture + Robbins Ch. 3 & 11
1. Draw on your knowledge of the conventional leader-celebratory approaches to
leadership. Describe Adair?s three circles model. In your answer explain the model?s
core management responsibilities.
2. Bass and Avolio developed a model of Transformational Leadership. Discuss the key
features of the model including what is meant by the term ?Transformational
TOPIC 7: MANAGING STRATEGICALLY Lecture + Robbins Ch. 4 & 6
1. You have just been appointed as a strategic manager. In your planning you are
considering undertaking either a macro analysis or an organisational analysis.
Discuss the key features of both approaches and in what circumstances you would
apply each analytical tool.
2. Discuss two tools that could be applied by managers when facing a strategic
dilemma. Explain which tool would be more useful in this context.
TOPIC 8: ORGANISATIONAL ANALYSIS Lecture + Robbins Ch. 5
1. Explain the contingency factors that affect organisational design.
2. Describe what the objective frameworks for organisational analysis are. Discuss
when the ?systems principles? are not desirable for businesses to apply.
TOPIC 9: CREATIVITY, INNOVATION & DESIGN Lecture + Robbins Ch. 7, 13
1. Define each of the following types of innovation and give an appropriate example for
each from the motorcar industry: Product/Service innovation; Marketing innovation;
2. Explain why it is necessary, and very important, to measure innovation within
organisations. In your answer discuss what would be appropriate metrics for product
and technology innovation.
Page 2 of 3
TOPIC 10: MANAGING WORK IN A GLOBAL SOCIETY Lecture + Robbins Ch. 2, 5
1. ?The availability of advanced information technology allows an organisation?s work to
be done anywhere at any time.? Discuss if ?organising? is still an important managerial
function in a global society. Provide examples to illustrate your answer.
TOPIC 11: FUTURE TRENDS Lecture + Robbins Ch. 10
1. Describe three effects of globalisation on organisations.
2. Discuss five challenges that managers face in motivating today?s workforce and ways
in which these challenges can be overcome.
Page 3 of 3
Paper#9257255 | Written in 27-Jul-2016Price : $22